Tuesday, January 30, 2007

this is what passes for fun on blogs nowadays

Meme time. Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you?
"Blood Sport" by Killing Joke
(Obviously the world sees me as a threat.)

Will I have a happy life?"
"Wouldn’t You Miss Me" by Syd Barrett
(That makes no flipping sense, so I won’t have a happy life if it continues to be this confusing.)

What do my friends really think of me?
"The Unknown Soldier" by The Doors
(Either this is a stupid, meaningless game, or my friends see me as a mysterious dead Vietnam vet. )

How can I make myself happy?
"Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash
(Oh, jump into a fire pit, er, ring of fire—that will make me happy! Burning happy.)

What should I do with my life?
"A Thousand Hours" by The Cure
(Whatever it is I should do with my life is going to take a thousand hours, or more.)

Will I ever have children?
"Bedtime" by Usher
(Well, we all know that I already have children. What you didn’t know was that I have major musical suckery by the name of Usher in my iTunes.)

What is some good advice for me?
"Let it Go" by Etro Anime
(Very, very sage advice.)

How will I be remembered?
"Little by Little" by Groove Armada
(So the world will remember my greatness, little by little--what little there is to remember.)

What is my signature dancing song?
"When the Music’s Over" by The Doors
(Yeah! That’s a pretty awesome answer oh-mighty-future-telling random iTunes)

What do I think my current theme song is?
"My Way" by Usher
(I think my iTunes is hell bent on embarrassing me, playing Usher TWICE and all. I hang my head in shame. However, "My Way" may just be a good answer.)

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
"Ocean Breathes Salty" by Modest Mouse
(It’s because I live by the Ocean, isn’t it everyone? Isn’t it?.)

What song will play at my funeral?
"Sunday (The Day Before My Birthday)" by Moby
(It’s settled then, I’m dying on a Sunday…the day before my birthday. I just hope it’s the Sunday before my 109th birthday.)

What is my day going to be like?
"The Red Pill" by The Crystal Method
(You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and you believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.)

2 Comments:

At 2/01/2007 4:09 PM, Blogger jez said...

Moby would indeed make me sad at your funeral. I was hoping for the elephant walk or something.

 
At 3/30/2007 10:17 AM, Blogger David said...

Brava on the use of Morpheus. I must watch The Matrix again this weekend.

PS. Give your muse some coffee. You're a good writer and I miss reading your work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home