Thursday, July 13, 2006

I Know Somebody Who's Having a Birthday Today

I just wanted to publicly announce that today is Katherine's birthday...and anniversary. Isn't she just the greatest multitasker the world has ever known? It's one of the many reasons she's one of my idols. Here are just a few of the other reasons she's one of my idols:

She can haul ugly, heavy pieces of furniture down scary, back-tweaking steps in a single bound!
She's a fearless lizard hunter
She wears cute shoes--mint green shoes!
She was a groundbreaking writer for a feminist magazine, writing about such feminine issues as...well, nevermind.
She has a t-shirt that says "Jesus Surfs Without a Board" (I need to get me one of those)
She likes both coffee and tea
She puts up with my often tasteless sense of humor
Her actions are consistent with her beliefs (or in other words, she practices what she preaches)
She's the only boss that, after giving my two weeks notice, I went shoe shopping with.
She's the only boss that I feel, I will always be friends with.

There are hundreds of more reasons, but before it gets to sappy I'm going to cut this blog short by saying:


Happy Birthday(Anniversary)
Katherine (& Ben)!!!

3 Comments:

At 7/13/2006 12:24 PM, Blogger Moonery said...

Happy Birthday Katherine! I hope someday I'll finally meet ye.

 
At 7/13/2006 4:20 PM, Blogger kwpershey said...

I'd think this was a post-notice buttering up if I didn't know that you like me (you really like me!).

Sigh... no more church newslettering together, but shoe shopping is more fun anyway. :-)

Thanks for the well wishes!

 
At 7/14/2006 8:48 AM, Blogger jez said...

I know you will miss working with her!

From all that I've heard from you about Katherine - it makes me want to go to church.

(Did I just say I wanted to go to church???)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home