Tuesday, July 19, 2005

My Reward

After putting up the good fight this afternoon with the weeds and bugs and snails (Morten salt, anyone?) in the front yard, I decided I deserved to relax a little. So I set up the beach chair in the backyard, grabbed a book and a Minute Maid, and began my long needed sun-worship. The construction workers next door were blasting Radio Lobo, so if I closed my eyes and concentrated hard enough, I could imagine I was in a Corona commercial. I had to concentrate really hard.

I closed my eyes for about 10 minutes, and imagined myself using my imaginary palm pilot as a coaster for my imaginary Corona. Upon waking from this sweet hallucination, I found myself covered in a fine sprinkling of sawdust. Sawdust from the construction next door. The sawdust is now topping off the sweat I sweated this morning, and the dirt, and mud, and salt, and pesticide from this afternoon. I think I'm about as disgusting as a marathon runner coming out of crop-dusting hay field relay. Probably more so. Anyhow, just thought I would share.

Shower time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home