Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Today

While riding home from school today, we passed by a tired-looking woman waiting for the bus. Next to the woman was a Nordstrom bag full of what I'm pretty sure were non-Nordstrom items. The boys stared for a moment, then Colton commented, "Now those are two things you don't see together very often."

"What are?" I asked, focusing only on the red light in front of me.

"Nordstrom bags and bus stops."

"Hmm, you're right," I agreed. He was right; normally the only bags I see hanging around the bus stop are brown paper ones--and lady ones.

"You know what else doesn't go together very well?" Colton quizzed.

"What?"

"Chinese food and pudding."

How I managed to raise such an insightful young lad on only a public school education, I'll never know. I'm just glad I did, because now I know what not to serve for dinner tonight. Bags.

4 Comments:

At 9/20/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger Porter said...

There's a guy I often see in Iowa City and Coralville who just bus-hops around town all day, carrying a Dillard's bag. He tried to put the moves on me at Walgreens once.

Oh, and you've raised a very witty son. Congratulations.

 
At 9/20/2006 11:59 AM, Blogger Moonery said...

Colton's come a long way since "Graurnt!"

 
At 9/20/2006 11:41 PM, Blogger jez said...

mamma didn't raise no fools

 
At 9/21/2006 10:17 AM, Blogger Porter said...

P.S. "brown paper ones--and lady ones." Nice! Or, to steal an expression from Motherhussy & sisters, HAR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home