Saturday, August 19, 2006

And They Called the Baby "Teague"

So, in my earlier post I mentioned that Jez was having her baby. Well, guess what folks? Jez had her baby! She was in labor for almost 24 hours (that’s what I call a glutton for punishment). After laboring almost 24 hours, I would have expected her baby to be at least 17 lbs 13 oz with a head the size of a 12" loquat, but instead Teague decided that he would defy nature and be born at the a-god-damn-dorable size of 5 lbs, 7 oz*. This was all around 3:42 a.m. I was there, via cell phone.

Right now I’m pathetically dining on my heart (picture me wielding KFC sporks), knowing that Suzy and Michele are in Utah holding the newborn god. Alas, I will have to wait until…get this LABOR DAY WEEKEND to see Teague in person. Until then, just had to tell Nick,

Congratulations New Mommy!


*Jowel Alert! The pictures I have seen so far show that no baby jowels have formed on Teague yet. I’ll keep everyone posted if there are any new jowelvelopments.

3 Comments:

At 8/20/2006 11:52 AM, Blogger Porter said...

Thanks for the update. Thanks for using the word "loquat." And thanks for the jowel update! You've done a good job this day, Motherhussy.

Hope Jez & Teague are doing well!

 
At 8/20/2006 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Mommy Nichole!!!
Oh my........I cant wait to see those jowels develop! I also can't wait to see you all again! Get ahold of us when you come to town so we can visit.

 
At 8/20/2006 6:48 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I demand pictures of Teague ASAP. I also demand a detailed story of such a unique name for a royal baby.

I SAID, I want pictures NOW!

Signed,
Veruca Salt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home