Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sweet Childs of Mine

Cody and Colton got iPod Shuffles for Christmas along with a spanking new iTunes giftcard, so guess what we did tonight--that's right, we downloaded some tunes. I tried to steer their musical tastes in a certain direction, but by golly!--those kids are determined to have their own taste in music. The following songs were downloaded to my iTunes (in no particular order):

"Highwayman" Highwaymen
"Desperados Waiting for a Train" Highwaymen
"Somebody Kill Me" Steven Lynch
"Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)" Big & Rich
"Sweet Child O' Mine" Guns N' Roses
"Welcome to the Jungle" Guns N' Roses
"Paradise City" Guns N' Roses
"A Little Less Conversation (JXL Remix)" Elvis

Sigh. It's not that I'm so concerned for Cody and Colton's musical well-being, they have time to wise up, what I'm really worried about is how Big & Rich is going to get along with Moby, Morrissey, Etro Anime, and friends. I imagine that all the rough and tumble music (ie: Guns N' Roses, Steven Lynch) will find a cozy, wood-floors-covered-in-peanut-shells room in my iTunes where they can all sit around and get wasted while Hooters waitresses serve them hot wings. That would be great. It is also my hope that Jamiroquai, Groove Armada, Zero 7, and the good folks at Naked Music NYC find a cushy circular velvet couch that they can all sit on and drink martinis. I just want everyone to have a good time, despite their differences.

3 Comments:

At 1/19/2007 12:33 PM, Blogger jez said...

I love this. We were just having a discussion the other day with a girl at work whose kids have all the Tenacious D downloaded along w/ her Mormon Tabernacle chroir. As eight hour lunch said - it's like welcome to Sunday School Mother Fucker. ha!

 
At 1/20/2007 3:35 PM, Blogger Charisee310 said...

Ahhhh I love it! "Welcome to Sunday School Mother Fucker!"

Yeah... my own ipod has forced a bunch of different folk together in a sweaty uncomfortable playlist world.
Oingo Boingo, Rage Against the Machine, Bebel Gilberto, Steely Dan, Pantera, B52s etc. They seem to get along... why can't we all just get along?

 
At 1/25/2007 1:25 PM, Blogger kwpershey said...

Hey-- I commented on this! New Blogger must have eaten my comment. Now I can't remember my pithy response.

Our iPod is all about the paradoxes, too. Sometimes my recording of the New Testament comes on right after Missy Misdemeanor, and my synapses collapse. I can't bring myself to kick Jesus off of shuffle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home