Friday, March 24, 2006

Just In Case You Think I'm Joking When I Write About My Children in a Somewhat Stress-Induced Light

I came home from a most relaxing morning of sipping tea while getting my scalp rubbed and hair highlighted to this message on the answering machine:

"Hi, this is Angelique N__ calling from T__ Elementary School, ummm, Colton's teacher, I was just wanted to call and let somebody know that the boys will be serving detention after school today..."

This message was left at 10:26 a.m. What could have the boys possibly done in two hours to merit detention? I'm besides myself with excitement at the prospect of finding this out!

I guess God really loves me--he gave me TWO children that are TWICE as much of a pain in the a** as I was as a child. Oh, wait, is that considered love or just rewards?

Details to follow...

9 Comments:

At 3/24/2006 2:23 PM, Blogger Moonery said...

Oh, what a tantalizing tease that last post was! I'll simply be biting my nails until I hear the rest of the story! What angels! I think it is great that they are BOTH going to be serving detention. That way, no child gets the "Goldon Son Treatment."

 
At 3/27/2006 7:27 AM, Blogger jez said...

You didn't mention anything about detention on the phone yesterday - just some mumblings about athletes foot and jock itch. We need details please.

 
At 3/27/2006 9:09 AM, Blogger Moonery said...

Wait-who's got athletes foot? You or the boys? Yuck!

 
At 3/27/2006 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH-COME-ON-SUZY! Like I would ever get athletes foot...I haven't got an athletic bone in me.

Colton has it. He's the athletic culprit...

 
At 3/27/2006 9:44 AM, Blogger jez said...

Tell her about the "oozing"...

 
At 3/27/2006 9:44 AM, Blogger jez said...

Tell her about the "oozing"...

 
At 3/27/2006 10:57 AM, Blogger Moonery said...

No, please. Don't tell me about the "oozing."

 
At 3/27/2006 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was oozing, and I'm sure there will be oozing after skewl.

It's not Monday, it's Mooze-day!

 
At 3/27/2006 1:44 PM, Blogger Moonery said...

Sometimes I think...maybe I don't want to have kids someday.

Just kidding, I want kids!! Even if they ooze occasionally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home