Monday, October 17, 2005

Ode to 90's Songs About the Rain

Whoever said "It never rains in Southern California" lied to everyone. It does rain in Southern California. It has been raining for two days straight, which if fine by me because this time of year I start missing Utah and its penchant for changing seasons.

Did you hear that? I MISS UTAH!!! Not enough to move back...not just yet...However, I would move back to Utah long before I would move to Fres-NO! HAR! Get it? Fres-"NO"! Like, no way would I live there.

I guess I should never say never though, I used to say:

"I'm never getting married again."
"If I ever get married again, no way would I want more kids."
"I'll never smoke."
"I'll never take psychedelics."
"I'll never get so drunk that I make an ass of myself in front of my older sister's business colleagues while vacationing in Florida."
"I'll never mix painkillers with alcohol...and enjoy it."
"I'll never date someone I met on the interweb." (interweb...)
"I'll never marry an RM that I met on the interweb." (har! interweb)

The list goes on. I guess I'm pretty closed-minded until it actually comes down to being open-minded. Does that make sense? If it doesn't, just "blame it on the rain...."

ZING!

4 Comments:

At 10/18/2005 11:12 AM, Blogger Moonery said...

It has been raining here too! Buckets of the lovely wet stuff. I'm in Heaven!
How about Madonna's song that goes "Rain, feel it on my fintertips, hear it on the window pain your love's coming down like RAIN!!!"
And how about
"Nothing lasts forever, even sweet November Rain..." Or is that 80s?
How about Neil Sedaka's "Oooh, I hear laughter in the rain, walking hand in hand with the one I love..." Well, I think that is 70s. Oh well!
(Interweb-LOL!!)

 
At 10/18/2005 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that song that Neil Sedakas song! Awwwwww, it reminds me of days gone by...days in the dentist chair and getting out of skewl early.

Oooh, I hear laughter in the rain, walking hand in hand with the one I love. Ohhhh, how I love the rainy days, blah, blah, words and words...and more music....

 
At 10/18/2005 4:28 PM, Blogger jez said...

Or do you remember that song "I can't stop the rain..." and "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down."

Wait scratch that - we are talking about good rain songs.

 
At 10/19/2005 8:43 AM, Blogger Moonery said...

How about "Rain in Africa" by Toto, or one of my all time favorite songs by the Alarm
"I love to feel the rain in the summertime...and I love to feel the rain on my face!" Too bad it is not summer though. I laid out by the pool Sunday probably for the last time until next year. Sob and such.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home