Thursday, February 09, 2006

Welcome to Burn-Out-ville, Population: You!

So all of you are going to think I'm some sort of wimpy, weak, placid, jell-o mold of a human being for writing this...but...I'M TIRED!

I started work again this week, and although I'm only working a mere 12 hours--I feel burnt out. Maybe it's because work is not my only plight. When I really think about it, work is the easy part of my week. It's when I start driving all over Los Angeles County for sports practices, that's where I begin to wither.

Here's the week:

Monday: Batting cages
Tuesday: Therapy (another sport all together)
Wednesday: Baseball practice
Thursday: Basketball practice
Friday: Team Parent meeting for baseball & Third Grade field trip

For a gal who really doesn't like sports, it sure is ironic that I have ended up becoming the poster girl for "Soccer Moms" everywhere. I have an SUV, a couple of kids, and a white collar husband. I have it all. And what do I get for having it all? Sick. And a canker on my tongue. That's what I get.

On top of all that's going on this week, Ant has been working overtime so 75% of this week I've spent reverting to "single mom mode". This consists of the following:

1. Lots of ignoring fights (If you don't cry, you're not hurt and if you're not hurt, I don't care)
2. Lots of crappy snacks (Yesterday the boys' after school snack was a large kaiser roll. That's it. Today they got some cookie dough.)
3. Lots of Nickelodeon. Nick is like Mommy's little helper. Without Nickelodeon, I would be buying (and drinking) mini bottles by the case. Nickelodeon is the ghetto version of proper daycare. For all I know, Nick could be brainwashing my children to publish religious cartoons in popular newspapers--I don't really care, they're quiet and that's all that matters right now.
4. Lots of "ignore it and it will go away" thinking. Ignore the boys homework, it will go away. Ignore the phone ringing, it will go away. Ignore the fighting and the screams, they will go away. Ignore the dishes, they will go away. Ignore the dirt on the kitchen floor, it will go away. My mantra is "It will all go away."
5. Lots of Fresca. Why? Well, it's just darn delicious. Suzy got me hooked!

So here I am, tired and on the verge of illness. I should just go to bed, why aren't I in bed? Funny you should ask...

My Name is Earl and The Office, of course! I may be sick and tired, but I haven't lost my sense of humor or my self-indulgent television viewing habits. Now pass the Fresca!

5 Comments:

At 2/10/2006 10:12 AM, Blogger Moonery said...

I'm sorry to hear you are getting the burnout. I can see why-I nearly got a canker just reading about your schedule! When I'm in town for the concert (2 more weeks!) I'll baby sit so you can take a nappy-pooh okay?

 
At 2/10/2006 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOORAY FOR NAPS!

 
At 2/10/2006 3:09 PM, Blogger Charisee310 said...

I invited the burnout to a luxury hotel.... to sip icy drinks by the pool, read a book, and soak up the sun, sleep in late.... have a yummy dinner. But she doesn't care to come! Nobody loves me.

 
At 2/11/2006 7:36 PM, Blogger jez said...

We all LOVE michi - we all want to be michi right now.

 
At 2/13/2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Moonery said...

I miss Michi. She doesn't return my calls. Boo hoo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home